TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH THE SITE
You may browse our Site without registering by us. However, if you register for our Services, we will ask you to provide certain information. In general, we ask you to provide the following types of Personal Information through our Site:
- Applicant Information
When you register for our services, eg. certification or self-registration, either online by submitting an online (web)application or by email or in person through one of our Registration forms, we ask you to provide information about and your business, like business name and contact information so as (but not limited to) your name, gender, ethnicity, job title, contact information, and other relevant information.
If you sign up to receive our newsletters, you will provide your name, surname and representing organisation so as an email address.
- Event Registration
If you register for an event (eg. for our yearly signature event, BGLBC you will be asked to provide us your name and surname, email address, business name and other information depending on the type of event you have registered for. We may also combine it with any other Personal Information you have provided to us.
- Support & Donations
If you make a donation to BGLBC, we will ask you to provide information about your donation, such as your name and surname and contact information and the amount of your donation
- Information We Collect Automatically
- your browser type and operating system
- web pages you view
- links you click
- your IP address
- your interaction with the Site
- length of time you are logged in to our Site
- and websites visited before our Site.
COLLECTION OF BUSINESS PROFILE INFORMATION
During the application process for either Self-registration or Certification, in addition to Personal Information, BGLBC will also ask you to provide your Business Profile Information. This includes industry, products, the age of your business, business revenues, statistics about roles of LGBTIQ people, information about ownership and control, and other information about the history and status of your business that is relevant to the assessment of your business as LGBTIQ owned and operated business. This information does not include any personally identifying datapoints, such as names, emails, phone numbers, and addresses. We reserve the right to retain this data for research purposes.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the information you provide to us for the following types of purposes:
- to connect you with others within our network of LGBTIQ business owners, multinational corporations, and business support organizations;
- to respond to your requests or inquiries, to communicate with you about your application, event registration or donations, and for similar customer-service-related purposes;
- to assess your application;
- to invite you to and administer events and programs;
- to process your payments and donations;
- to adjust our offerings or services to you and to tailor the information we send or display to you;
- to send you information that we believe you may find of interest, including to send you our newsletter and to solicit donations;
- to improve our Site, offerings or services and to better understand how users access and use our Site and offerings, on an aggregated and individualized basis.
HOW WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We may disclose information you provided to us online or offline to third parties for the following purposes:
- to our contractors or service providers (such as service providers who help us to administer our Site or process credit card payments) who provide services or perform functions on our behalf;
- if you make a donation, we may, with your consent, share your name and contact information with our partners, including other non-profit organizations;
- if you consent, we may also share your Personal Information with other LGBTIQ owned and operated business support organizations within our network;
- in response to a subpoena or other legal process by a governmental entity or third party, or if otherwise required by law;
- however in a limited number of circumstances, BGLBC may need to disclose data without your prior consent, including as needed to satisfy legal requirements, or to protect the rights or property of BGLBC or others (including the enforcement of agreements or policies governing the use of the service).
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS
You have the right at any time to request information regarding the use and disclosure of any data provided to BGLBC, whether personally identifying data or business profile data. To request this information, please reach our Data Protection Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
REMOVAL OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE DATA
You have the right to remove any personally identifiable data from BGLBC Database at any time. To do so, please notify our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
COOKIES AND ANALYTICS
- Web Beacons
Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are used to track the online movements of Web users, or emails. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, Web beacons are embedded invisibly on webpages or within emails, and may not be disabled or controlled through your browser. We or our third-party service providers may use web beacons to track Site activity. We may also use them within our HTML-based emails, to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients, allowing us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications. For information on how to opt-out of receiving marketing communication from BGLBC, please see the section “Newsletters & Marketing Communications” below.
- Third Parties
As noted, we may also engage third parties, such as Matomo, to track and analyse Site activity on our behalf. To do so, these third parties may place cookies or web beacons to track user activity on our Site. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyse usage of the Site. We do not provide these third parties with your Personal Information. To deactivate tracking click on following button:
U kunt ervoor kiezen om te voorkomen dat deze website de acties die u uitvoert kan analyseren. Hierdoor wordt uw privacy beschermd, maar wordt ook voorkomen dat de beheerder van de website van uw acties kan leren en een betere ervaring voor u en andere gebruikers kan creëren.
- Third-Party Links
NEWSLETTERS & OTHER MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you consent to receive marketing communications from us, we may send you emails from time-to-time, about information that we believe may be of interest to you, including our newsletter (eg. Pages). If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving these e-mails, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take several business days to process opt-out requests. You may also receive periodic mailings from us at your postal address, requesting donations or sending you information on upcoming events, programs or other information.
HOW TO ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In most cases, you have the right to access, and to amend where incorrect, the information you have provided to us, including the permissions you have given us. To request this information, please reach our Data Protection Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Any Personal Information you submit to us is stored and processed in the European Economic Area or any other country in which BGLBC operates. We may also require other information from you during the application process including at or following a certification site visit in order for your business to qualify with respect to the BGLBC certification criteria. By applying for self-registration or certification you consent to any such transfer, storage and processing of information outside the jurisdiction in which you reside.
We use commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect the security of the Personal Information that we collect through the Site. Despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE
We may change this Policy from time to time and encourage you to review it on a regular basis. We will post any changes to our policy to our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance of such change by whatever method we deem appropriate, such as by highlighting the change on the Site or sending an email to you at the email address that you have registered with us.